Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 30, 2013 ~ Ganges

Today started with a beautiful sunrise, highlighted by a strata of illuminated clouds that didn’t look at all like last night’s thunder clouds.  We weren’t so sure that it would remain a nice day an hour or two later, but it did indeed.  Ray made a breakfast of hash brown potatoes with onions, mushrooms and sausage, accompanied by scrambled eggs.

Ray and I took a trip over to the other harbor where the marina office is to pay for tonight’s moorage and transfer the last few weeks of sorted garbage into the dumpster.  Dumpsters are a luxury not found up in Desolation Sound and the Broughton Islands, and the last burn barrel we were able to avail ourselves of was in Sullivan Bay.  So, we had quite a collection of paper, cans and bottles to dispose of.

Erin and Mary made a couple of walks into town, to gift shops and the grocery store and window shopping in general.  Ray and I walked to the deli where free wifi is offered so I could check email and update the blog.  And Erin and I walked about the town as well a couple of times, taking a few photos of the sights.  All in all, a very pleasant day.

Tomorrow there will be the Saturday Market, a big event every weekend here with lots of crafts and foods offered.  We may browse a bit of that and then we’ll probably shove off for points south.



No comments:

Post a Comment